BottleRock Napa Valley and Zener Schon Contemporary Art Announce 2015 Artist Partners
April 7, 2015
NAPA, CA – April 7, 2015: In partnership with Zener Schon Contemporary Art (ZSCA), the 3rd annual BottleRock Napa Valley music, food, wine and brew festival, will showcase a curated group of muralists and sculpture artists who will bring to life a variety of one-of-a-kind installations. Each piece will be on display and/or amongst the action on the festival grounds throughout the three day festival on May 29-31, 2015. Additionally, renowned interior designer, Erin Martin, has been tapped to create a distinctive environment for this year’s Platinum Lounge.
Featured artists include:
- Ian Ross: Ian is best known for his huge murals and live painting events in startup offices across the Bay Area and the country. His most notable pieces include “Royal Feathers” – the 70 ft. mural within The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, as well as large-scale pieces in the offices of Google, Gap HQ and Whatsapp.
- Zio Ziegler: The American artist is most notably known for his paintings and large-scale outdoor murals. His early work was inspired by the 1990 graffiti movement in the Bay Area and Europe. He is known for bridging the accessibility of public art with the seriousness of studio practice. He has collaborated with Brands such as Urban Outfitters, Pottery Barn, and Vans, and has painted murals at Facebook, Sherpa Foundry, Lyft, Scopely, the U.S. Open for Surfing, and many other notable places across the globe.
- JM Rizzi (JMR): JMR fuses a neo-abstract expressionism with hints of contemporary art to create a style he’s dubbed his own. Originally from Brooklyn, NY, JMR has been influenced by street art his entire life. His work has been shown alongside several street art legends including Blek, Banksy, Shepard Fairey, and Swoon, among many others.
- D Young V: The work of San Francisco based artist D Young V often revolves around the idea of a highly technological post-apocalyptic society. He is a pen and ink artist whose monochromatic drawings are often mistaken as stenciling. President Obama recently named D Young V as America’s 2nd greatest living artist.
- Laura Kimpton and Jeff Schomberg, Collaboration LOVE: Laura and Jeff have been collaborating for years on their “Monumental Word Series” a collection which launched at the annual Burning Man Festival in 2009. “LOVE,” which will be on display at BottleRock, is the third of seven words in a series which includes, “MOM,” “OINK,” “EGO,” “BELIEVE,” “BE,” and “DREAM.” Currently residing in Marin County, CA, Laura is a three-time Honorarium Grant Recipient at Burning Man and the creator of the famous installation, Celtic Forest. Jeff fabricates and installs the large-scale sculptures.
- Karen Cusolito’s Tumble Leaf: Karen’s art takes many forms, from painting and mixed media to her most recent focus, large-scale steel sculptures. She currently operates the American Steel Studios in Oakland, CA and has shown her work at numerous festivals including Burning Man, Electric Daisy and Outside Lands. At BottleRock she will bring to life Tumble Leaf, a large-steel structured chair.
- Katy Boynton’s Heartfullness: Katy’s first trip to Burning Man in 2007 changed her perception of art and her self-imposed boundaries of creativity and as a result, a vision came to her of an enormous metal heart that had been broken and pieced back together – a piece of art she would create with her own two hands. Heartfullness has been featured at several festivals throughout the country and will be making its debut at BottleRock this year.
The Platinum Lounge
- Erin Martin Design: Erin Martin is a world traveler and interior designer with an impeccable sense of style. She creates one of a kind pieces that are designed and built from the ground up. She believes in the balance of art, engineering, aesthetics and personality. Erin Martin Design has been featured in magazines such as Architectural Digest, California Home + Design, Elle Decor, House Beautiful, and Western Interiors and Design.
For those interested in seeing more work from the BottleRock artists, the Zener Schon Contemporary Art gallery (23 Sunnyside Avenue, Mill Valley, CA 94941) will be showcasing the fine art canvas, sculpture and mixed media works from this talented group from May 19th – June 28th.
Headlining artists for the three day festival include Imagine Dragons, Robert Plant and No Doubt. Other stellar artists and bands playing throughout the weekend include: The Avett Brothers, Foster the People, Passion Pit, Snoop Dogg, Cage The Elephant, Young the Giant, Gipsy Kings, Capital Cities, AWOLNATION, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Portugal. The Man, American Authors, Public Enemy, and dozens more. Over 70 musical acts will appear on four stages, with celebrity chefs, sommeliers and musical artists also appearing on the BottleRock Culinary Stage.
For additional information on ticketing and festival news visit www.bottlerocknapavalley.com and join the conversation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@BottleRockNapa, #bottlerock). Additional information on Zener Schon Contemporary Art can be found here http://www.zenerschongallery.com/ as well as on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter (@zscagallery and #ZenerSchonArt).
# # #
About BottleRock Napa Valley:
BottleRock Napa Valley brings the world’s top touring artists on four different stages, while master sommeliers and celebrity chefs rub shoulders with guests in an intimate festival setting. Dozens of the region’s finest restaurateurs, vintners and brewers offer the best in food, wine, and craft brews to complement the music and create an authentic wine country experience for festival guests.
About Latitude 38 Entertainment:
Formed in 2013, the vision of Latitude 38 Entertainment is to blend world-class music, food, wine, brew and community to enhance and elevate Napa Valley’s offerings and reputation as a world-class destination in which to live, work and play.
About Zener Schon Contemporary Art:
Zener Schon Contemporary Art represents the artwork of a finely curated spectrum of emerging and established artists from national and global backgrounds. ZSCA’s offering is made unique by its core services of showcasing fine art within their gallery and the highly specialized facet of pairing businesses and festivals with artists (muralists and sculpture artists) who are capable of executing/installing their work directly in interior and exterior locations in a variety of scale. Julie Zener and Tara Schon are co-owners of Zener Schon Contemporary Art. Their gallery is located in downtown Mill Valley.