The Crystal Methodhttps://thecrystalmethod.com/
For more than two decades, The Crystal Method has remained at the forefront of the worldwide dance music industry as pioneers of the big beat genre, innovators of the ‘90s electronica movement and current-day global ambassadors of the American electronic sound. Originally formed as a duo, alongside now-retired founding member Ken Jordan, The Crystal Method today lives and breathes as a solo act, with co-founder and originator Scott Kirkland at the helm. And with the artistic reboot comes the next chapter in The Crystal Method timeline: The Trip Home, out September 14 on the band’s own Tiny E Records.
As the sixth full-length The Crystal Method album and Kirkland’s first as a newfound solo act, The Trip Home serves as the creative rebirth of the brand. An artistic manifesto and love letter to the electronic world, The Trip Home welcomes Kirkland at the driver’s seat with full control of the reins.
The Trip Home is co-produced with veteran producer/remixer/composer Glen Nicholls, who has worked with legendary artists like The Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Sia and UNKLE, among many others, in addition to scoring several of his own feature films.
For the new album, Kirkland dove deep into the decades-spanning discography of The Crystal Method. The result is a sound that revisits the roots of the classic Crystal Method aesthetic, while pushing its possibilities into the future. Equal parts throwback and dynamic futurism, The Trip Home expands Kirkland’s unrestrained curiosity into new realms and new sounds.
To perfect this fine balance, Kirkland took a back-to-basics approach, which saw him firing up his arsenal of analog synths and reconnecting with his collection of vintage gear. The lead single “Holy Arp” captures this calculated formula perfectly: A brooding intro of darkly tinged bleeps and bloops slowly builds the song’s tension before it pours into a bed of chunky synths, distorted reverb and alien sounds. Its minimal, vocal-less melody allows space for the synths to expand and reach a high peak before disintegrating into the ether.
- 3-day and 1-day GA tickets available now! Buy Here
- Looking for sold out VIP tickets? Sold out tickets are available now on our official ticket exchange.
- BottleRock Aftershows have just been announced. Tickets on sale now! Buy Here
- BottleRock 2019 is Memorial Day weekend: May 24th-26th
- BottleRock 2019 lineup announced – check it out!
- Download the 2019 BottleRock app.
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2019 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
BottleRock 2019 is May 24-26.
Add to Calendar 2019-05-24 12:00:00 2019-05-26 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559