Secure The Sunhttps://www.facebook.com/SecureTheSun
When Secure the Sun played their first gig in a punk rock dive bar in Oakland during the fall of 2015, the sound engineer leaned back into the orange-cushioned booth and told them it would be their last at his club. “You’re f-ing amazing,” he enthused, shaking his ponytailed head. “You’re going to be playing big halls and festivals within a year.”
His words proved prophetic.
Following the release of their first self-titled album, STS played sold out shows at Silo’s and Slack Collective in Napa and to packed houses for performances at the venerable Phoenix Theater in Petaluma. The band continues to build its following in the San Francisco Bay Area, having played venues such as the DNA Lounge, the Boom Boom Room, and performances at U.C. Davis and Stanford University. Their single, Day by Day, is in rotation on regional and college radio stations. Their second studio project is scheduled for release in January, 2017.
Though these Gen Z rockers hail from Napa, CA, Secure the Sun’s sound is straight out of the New Wave and Punk scene of New York City in the late 70s/early 80s and the Funk Rock scene of Los Angeles in the 1990s. The Bowie-esque vocal stylings and intensity of lead singer Ari Eisenberg will draw you in close enough to be leveled by the left hook of the rhythm section. Firmly rooted in jazz, Jonathan Soria-Gil deftly works his drum kit leaving the perfect amount of space for Anthony Cappeto to expertly weave his melodic bass lines into the fabric of their songs. Liam Milligan cements STS’ signature sound with his open, driving guitar that is reminiscent of John Frusciante and The Edge.
If you want to see the heart and soul of the next wave in alt-rock, then don’t miss Secure the Sun at their BottleRock debut.
- BottleRock 2023 presented by JaM Cellars will take place May 26-28.
- Daily lineup is here - check it out! 1-day tickets are on sale now. Buy Here
- BottleRock AfterDark: The Official Aftershows have just been announced. Tickets are on sale now! Buy Here
- To purchase sold out tickets or sell your tickets, visit Lyte, the official ticket exchange.
Lyte verifies all tickets and ensures a safe transaction.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter here + for text message updates here.