Prinze George is Kenny Grimm (production/instrumental), Naomi Almquist (vocals) and Isabelle De Leon (drums), who are based in Maryland. Kenny and Naomi grew up together in Prince George’s County, where they met Isabelle while she was in college. Formed in 2013, Prinze George has quickly exploded onto the Indie scene. Following the release of their breakthrough single, “Victor,” The Wild Honey Pie declared, “[This band] could be destined for Indie Pop royalty status.” Climbing to #1 on the Hype Machine charts, the single and the band have won the attention of music blogs, fans, and labels from all over the world. “Victor” was also selected for the movie soundtrack of Warner Bros.’ biggest European release in 2014, “Honig Im Kopf,” a film directed by Til Schweiger. This year they have been dubbed as one of the “2016 Festival Artists to Watch” by both Pandora and Forbes.
In February of 2015, Prinze George started traveling to Minneapolis, MN to record ‘Illiterate Synth Pop’ with Evan Bakke (Prince, Fraea, Soul Asylum) at Sounds Expensive Studio. They kept coming back in between tours with Albert Hammond Jr., Little Boots, Walk the Moon and more, and finished recording in early 2016.
“‘Illiterate Synth Pop’ is a panorama of the people we grew up with and the places we’ve traveled to with them; both inside and outside of our home. Coming of age, Love, loneliness, and feeling stuck are frequent themes. This collection of songs is a great reflection of who we are,” explains Naomi. “Making the album in Minneapolis was a tremendous experience because we were immersed in a beautiful creative space that allowed us the freedom to work and play at our own pace. We were also surrounded by people who are focused and professional but also playful and free, which is imperative for our creative process. If making a record is just business as usual, it affects the music; so we were lucky to have it all.”
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2019 is May 24-26.
Add to Calendar 2019-05-24 12:00:00 2019-05-26 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559