Kiran Gandhi, aka Madame Gandhi, is an electrofeminist singer, percussionist and activist. She released her debut EP, Voices, in October 2016, featuring guest appearances from Merrill Garbus of tUnE-yArDs and Alt-J guitarist Joe Newman. The second installment in the three-part EP series, Visions (July 2019), focuses on looking inward to imagine the best version of the self, the community and the world. Prior to her solo work, Gandhi drummed with politically-minded rapper/electronic artist M.I.A. and has also drummed for acts such as Krewella, Lizzo, Thievery Corporation and Kehlani.
Gandhi’s music is rooted in political activism. She studied Political Science, Mathematics, and Women’s Studies at Georgetown University, where she met and began performing with boundary-pushing electronic duo Thievery Corporation, including an appearance at Bonnaroo in 2010. In 2015, she ran the London Marathon free-bleeding to combat period stigma around the world, sparking a global conversation about how we treat menstruation in various cultures. She also holds an MBA from Harvard Business School, served as the first digital analyst at Interscope Records and was listed in Forbes 30 Under 30 music class of 2019.
Madame Gandhi tours full-time as a musician and speaker, focused on fourth-wave feminism and modern gender equality.
- BottleRock 2023 presented by JaM Cellars will take place May 26-28.
- Daily lineup is here - check it out! 1-day tickets are on sale now. Buy Here
- BottleRock AfterDark: The Official Aftershows have just been announced. Tickets are on sale now! Buy Here
- To purchase sold out tickets or sell your tickets, visit Lyte, the official ticket exchange.
Lyte verifies all tickets and ensures a safe transaction.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter here + for text message updates here.