Lake Street Divehttp://www.lakestreetdive.com/
Since Lake Street Dive’s February 2016 release of Side Pony on Nonesuch Records the band has been a tour de force, hitting some major career milestones. They were invited to play at the White House, sold out 42 shows in 2016 throughout the United States and were musical guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Today Show. Lake Street Dive was featured on Chris Thile’s hosting debut of A Prairie Home Companion, among many other high points that include sold-out shows at the iconic venues like the Wang Theatre in Boston and Radio City Music Hall in New York.
The quartet’s live shows have been widely praised by publications such as Billboard, saying Lake Street Dive successfully combined “Amy Winehouse, Rita Hayworth and R&B charisma,” and Rolling Stone called their album Side Pony, produced by Grammy winner Dave Cobb (Chris Stapleton, Jason Isbell) “irresistible.” Upon its release the album was #1 on the Alternative chart and #11 on the Billboard Album Sales chart.
The title Side Pony takes its name from a song on the record that refers to a whimsical hairstyle, but it also serves as a metaphor for Lake Street Dive’s philosophy and personality as a band. As bassist Bridget Kearney puts it, “When we were settling on the album title, that one just stuck out to us as embodying the band’s spirit. We’ve always been this somewhat uncategorizable, weird, outlying, genre-less band. That’s the statement we wanted to make with this record: be yourself.”
- (re)LIVE BottleRock Weekly Series airs every Friday at 5pm pt. Watch on YouTube Live here.
- BottleRock 2020 is Oct. 2-4, 2020
- All passes will be valid for the new dates. If you are looking to purchase or exchange tickets, please visit our official ticket exchange.
- Listen to the BottleRock 2020 playlist.
- BottleRock 2019 was a blast! See all the highlights
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP