The last year has seen waves upon waves of well-deserved attention being heaped upon HOKO. Having shared numerous singles over the past year, the group’s profile has been continuously rising, with their songs scoring major sync deals in the US and finding a rapidly growing fanbase.
Recently, HOKO released their debut EP, HEATHEN, a product of almost two years of continuous work spanning New York and Los Angeles. Working with Grammy-nominated producer John Hill (Santigold, Cage The Elephant) and Andrew Wells (Halsey, Kaiser Chiefs), the EP is a stunning showcase of a band who are likely set to be household names in no time.
“HEATHEN is the first half of a project we’ve spent almost two years conceptualizing,” explained Nathaniel Hoho. “Our aim was to create a body of work that sounded big, but was also sonically interesting, with songs that are accessible, but also have layers and complexity.
Visually we wanted to pay homage to the artistic direction of artists like David Bowie & Queen who created beautiful images that stand on their own as art, not only as an accompaniment to the music.”
We are but our experiences in life, and HOKO have had their fair share. You can hear it in their music and their latest release is testament to this.
Seemingly seamlessly, HOKO have transcended pop with a performative and edgy stance. Exploring the four corners of the genre with tenacity, the New York-based band have woven together supreme production with indie influences. Heathen is eight tracks of richly decorated soundscapes that range from breakup anthems to delicate summery soothers.
- Set times announced! Download our app for iPhone or Android and build your schedule!
- All tickets are Sold Out. Visit our official ticket exchange to request sold out tickets.
- BottleRock AfterDark: The Official Aftershows have been announced. Tickets on sale now: Buy Here
- Listen to the BottleRock 2021 playlist.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP