Australia’s 26 years old blues rock artist, Hamish Anderson’s debut album, Trouble, released in October, 2016 to stellar reviews. Trouble was produced and mixed by Grammy-winning Jim Scott (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Wilco, Grace Potter) and mastered by Brian Lucey (The Black Keys). The first single “Trouble” released in April 2016, appears on Spotify’s Blues & Roots Rock Official playlist and Songpickr, a premiere Spotify playlist curator, included the album Trouble as one of the Top 50 Albums of 2016. “U” is Hamish’s third single release from his debut album and upon release on 10/6 it was added to rotation on KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic and then became their Top 5 tracks of the week. It was also a “Best of Week” on Apple Music in Australia and Japan. In October he was featured as a Taco Bell “Feed the Beat” artist. In November 2017, he was profiled on both KCRW’s Music Blog and NPR Music’s Heavy Rotation.
In 2017, Hamish has already performed 11 sets during SXSW, opened for Vintage Trouble, Drive By Truckers and Mud Morganfield. He’s also performed at It’s A School Night in LA and toured the US as well as summer festivals such as Firefly, Mountain Jam, High Sierra, Summerfest, Echo Park Rising, Big Blues Bender, Telluride Blues Festival, TomTom Founders Festival and Canada’s RBC Bluesfest Ottawa.
He will return to the US in January 2018 to perform at the Belly Up in Solana Beach, CA and various other shows prior to heading to EU in May for festivals in the Netherlands and Germany.
- (re)LIVE BottleRock Weekly Series airs every Friday at 5pm pt. Watch on YouTube Live here.
- BottleRock 2020 is Oct. 2-4, 2020
- All passes will be valid for the new dates. If you are looking to purchase or exchange tickets, please visit our official ticket exchange.
- Listen to the BottleRock 2020 playlist.
- BottleRock 2019 was a blast! See all the highlights
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP