Ethan Tucker’s trademark sound of acoustic roots and layered electric guitars combined with an unmistakable soulful and bluesy vocal, is a recipe which has garnered attention from some of his most popular contemporaries, as well as bonafide legends.
Born in Olympia, Washington, Ethan has traveled the country with Jimmy Cliff, Buddy Guy, and The Wailers as well as national support slots with musical peers Slightly Stoopid, G-Love, and Michael Franti.
With Ethan’s newest release Misunderstood, now out on Stoopid Records (May 5, 2015) his enthusiasm for collaboration is seamlessly exemplified on his 11-song album produced by Michael Franti and Mario Caldato Jr., (Beastie Boys, Jack Johnson, G Love), and includes special guests Money Mark, Norwood Fisher (Fishbone) and Thomas Pridgeon (Mars Volta).
Ethan’s career took off after impressing Michael Franti with an impromptu backstage jam in Spearhead’s dressing room long before ever playing a show together. Ethan was summoned by Franti to come to his studio in San Francisco, CA to record what would later become some of the more infectious tracks on Misunderstood. From there, a bond between the two artists was solidified. The first single “Crazy Tonight” was arranged, recorded, produced at Franti’s studio, also features him on guest vocals. This track, coupled with the reggae-pop hybrid “Cool Kids” (also produced by Franti) opens a new album that is a cohesive coming of age for an artist in Ethan’s shoes – except “ET” as some fans call him, doesn’t wear shoes!!
“I think Ethan is going to be a perennial artist for a lifetime of music. He is not somebody who you think is going to be like three years on the map and then you never hear from them again. “He is going to be an artist to me like Ben Harper or Jack Johnson or even John Lee Hooker.” An who plays music until they can’t play anymore.” – Michael Franti
“Ethan is amazing at whatever he does. Singing, strumming, shredding the guitar on leads, or just making people smile. He’s good at it all. His latest album Misunderstood has many variations of styles. My favorite song off it is “This has all been a dream”. It best captures Ethan’s talent and personality Good music is great, but when the personality and character of the person making the music is just as great, there ain’t nothin’ better.”- Kyle McDonald, Slightly Stoopid
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2019 is May 24-26.
Add to Calendar 2019-05-24 12:00:00 2019-05-26 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559