Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybearshttps://www.blackjoelewis.com/
Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears return with their most subversive record to date: an exploration of the sordid trappings of ego, isolation, consumption, waste, and war. Sonically inspired by the Hill Country blues, cowpunk, and the southern soul of Stax, this album charts new territory with a heavy stream of lyrical consciousness. This is The Difference Between Me & You.
The Difference is influenced by Lewis’ first decade on the road, embodying a deep repertoire of sounds and drawing from: the heavy grooves of Albert King, the punked-up blues of R.L. Burnside, the storytelling of Bobby “Blue” Bland, and the soulfully layered horns of the Stones. No one’s sound holds more weight than the next; all are all omnipresent throughout.
The Difference Between Me & You is the band’s fifth studio album. And while it’s an approach that might veer slightly from the typical sounds those who’ve followed the band are used to hearing, it was a conscious step in a new direction for Lewis. When asked, Lewis says he wanted to “make a more complex and reflective record” than he had before.
- Set times announced! Download our app for iPhone or Android and build your schedule!
- All tickets are Sold Out. Visit our official ticket exchange to request sold out tickets.
- BottleRock AfterDark: The Official Aftershows have been announced. Tickets on sale now: Buy Here
- Listen to the BottleRock 2021 playlist.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP