Alice Merton signs with Mom + Pop Music! Her single “No Roots” has already captured an immense amount of attention with millions of global plays on Spotify and YouTube, and has been recently added to Alt/AAA U.S. radio. She has new adds in LA, Chicago, Austin, Dallas, SF, Minneapolis, NYC/Sirius Alt Nation and more. Look out for Alice later this year and early next as she plans to tour both Europe and the U.S.
“I’ve got no roots, but my home was never on the ground.“
One whole sentence seems to sum up the life of the English/Canadian singer and songwriter Alice Merton. Four countries and eleven moves later, she starts to take her first independant steps into the music industry. With success – No Roots reached top positions on iTunes, Spotify, Shazam and Hype Machine. In Germany and Austria, the song has already reached platinum status. No Roots was also #1 in the french and #2 in the german official single charts.
Raised in Canada, finishing high school in Germany, then moving on to England with her family, Alice has gotten quite used to packing and unpacking boxes.
With her debut single No Roots, she describes the life of having had many different homes, but comes to the realization that her home was never in one place.
At the age of five she started taking classical piano lessons, four years later she was introduced to vocal training. After spending many years being classically trained, Alice discovered the art of songwriting through one of her high school courses in Germany. She then went on to study songwriting and pursue her dream of becoming a professional singer/songwriter.
During her studies she started working with various producers. „Finding the right producer is like finding a missing puzzle piece, you know it’s there somewhere, but it takes a really long time to find.”
However, after being introduced to Nicolas Rebscher, a berlin-based producer, she knew she had found her match.
Creating a very analog and organic pop sound, going back to the basics of drum and bass driven music, they combined their individual styles to develop a style of their own. Nicolas Rebscher’s arrangements were the perfect addition to Alice’s melodies, combining the depth and softness in her voice, with his energetic and charistmatic sounds.
By expanding her team with the designer Susann Bosslau and founding her own record label Paper Plane Records with her manager, Alice Merton has definately taken a DIY route, but is convinced that it is the right decision for now. „lt takes time to develop as an artist, and nowadays there is so much pressure from major labels. I wanted to have creative freedom when it came to my music.”
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2019 is May 24-26.
Add to Calendar 2019-05-24 12:00:00 2019-05-26 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559