It’s not every day a band comes along that’s as comfortable playing big local rooms as it is in the lineup of national festivals. Tracksuit Wedding, Denver’s premier, vintage rock / funk / blues powerhouse, makes filling either role look easy.
Conceived in 2013, Tracksuit Wedding is the brainchild of keyboardist Libby Anschutz and lead singer Ali Frankfurt. The band brings together seasoned players from all over the Denver scene, mixing styles and celebrating the universal truth that a band’s primary objective is to get a groove going.
“Everyone comes from different musical disciplines,” says vocalist Erica Brown. “We have our arms around a lot of different genres that haven’t been blended together before. The universe brought every member in the band here at the right time.”
Players have come and gone, even changed places (Anschutz was the drummer early on). The current lineup is the most solid yet and solidifies Tracksuit Wedding as a force in Colorado music. And that comes from experience. The members of Tracksuit Wedding are familiar faces at Colorado venues, both as fans of local, live music and as hard-working musicians. Frankfurt is a veteran of the scene having fronted the gritty punk / hard rock group The Blackouts for many years. It may seem like an odd move from the heavy side of the spectrum to the groove-based, party atmosphere of Tracksuit Wedding.
“It’s definitely been an evolution,” says Frankfurt. “That’s what defines us, the melding of styles.”
That combination of influences and sounds is what makes Tracksuit Wedding stand out. The band’s original tunes are at once familiar and fresh, the perfect combination of the good old days of loose, low-fi, bluesy rock and the well-honed professionalism of seasoned musicians.
Vocalist Erica Brown sums up the Tracksuit Wedding experience simply and succinctly.
“All you need to do is fall into the groove,” says Brown. “Believe what you hear. Remember our name. You’ll be screaming it in the morning.”
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2018 is May 25-27.
Add to Calendar 2018-05-25 12:00:00 2018-05-27 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559