Jackson Phillips has only been creating music under the moniker Day Wave since Fall 2014, and in just under six months the 25-year-old has become one of the most buzzworthy and refreshing artists to burst onto the DIY scene. A departure from his synth-heavy work as one half of electro-pop duo Carousel, Day Wave crafts dreamy, lo-fi, guitar-driven indie-pop that is already turning heads. With a modest but top-quality catalogue of a five-song EP and limited run 7″, Phillips – who writes, produces, and performs all of his songs, and tracks each instrument himself on an old reel-to-reel, no less – is currently working on his debut LP and live show. Having already claimed multiple #1 Artist slots on Hype Machine and the Zane Lowe/Apple Music seal of approval with his lauded ‘Headcase’ EP, in addition to play list adds on Alt Nation, XMU, KCRW (including Jason Bentley’s Morning Becomes Eclectic), KEXP, WXPN, and more, Day Wave shows no signs of slowing down.
How To BottleRock
Tools and tips for festival success
- All tickets are sold out!
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit our official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2017 headliners include Foo Fighters Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Maroon 5
- Download the official BottleRock app! Get real-time festival updates, information and more.
Download IOS. Download Android.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘BottleRock 2017’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN