San Francisco’s champions of overcast, pop-heavy rock n’ roll Dangermaker have a very solid track record, which their forthcoming Light the Dark III succeeds beyond expectations in furthering. Picking up where they left off with Light the Dark I & II, this collection is defined by classic songwriting, charmingly familiar hooks and a particular style of raw, warm production that flows throughout courtesy of producer Aaron Hellam. The band had an exciting 2015, including an appearance at Live 105’s BFD Music Festival – with headliners like Modest Mouse, Cold War Kids and Best Coast – and continuing on with a tour of the east coast in June. Light The Dark III is scheduled for release spring/summer 2016.
After lead singer Adam Burnett’s father suffered a fatal accident and suddenly passed away during the first week of tracking their debut album Black Dream, Adam, Carlos, Dave & Neko plunged into their art with urgency and a newfound lust for life, eventually emerging with a euphoric sound that defines their new releases on Breakup Records. Channeling a signature brand of dark indie pop ala early Killers, Phoenix, and White Lies has propelled the band forward to recent
showcases at SXSW, CMJ and beyond.
“With catchy rock hooks and an indie pop vibe, Dangermaker creates a unique sound that infects your soul.” Tony DuShane, San Francisco Chronicle
“Driving percussion and moody, anxious guitar hooks (Interpol at their most danceable?) lay a bed for singer Adam Burnett’s plaintive wail, which — while Bowie comparisons are hard to live up to (and he gets them often enough) — has a way of sticking around your eardrums… like an adventure dream full of danger you can’t quite put your finger on, something hanging on the precipice of nightmare, but too interesting to make you want to wake up.” Emma Silvers, San Francisco Bay Guardian
“A sensational ride between dark and light… anthemic and dramatic tracks that find the rock outfit taking on a much more mature sound. There’s much more to expect from Dangermaker with their upcoming Light The Dark EP I release.” Victor Casillas Valle, The Bay Bridged
How To BottleRock
Tools and tips for festival success
- Willams-Sonoma Culinary Stage Lineup has been announced! Check out the full lineup.
- Aftershows have been announced! See the full lineup.
- All tickets are sold out!
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit our official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2017 headliners include Foo Fighters Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Maroon 5
- Download the official BottleRock app! Get real-time festival updates, information and more.
Download IOS. Download Android.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘BottleRock 2017’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN