San Francisco’s champions of overcast, pop-heavy rock n’ roll Dangermaker have a very solid track record, which their forthcoming Light the Dark III succeeds beyond expectations in furthering. Picking up where they left off with Light the Dark I & II, this collection is defined by classic songwriting, charmingly familiar hooks and a particular style of raw, warm production that flows throughout courtesy of producer Aaron Hellam. The band had an exciting 2015, including an appearance at Live 105’s BFD Music Festival – with headliners like Modest Mouse, Cold War Kids and Best Coast – and continuing on with a tour of the east coast in June. Light The Dark III is scheduled for release spring/summer 2016.
After lead singer Adam Burnett’s father suffered a fatal accident and suddenly passed away during the first week of tracking their debut album Black Dream, Adam, Carlos, Dave & Neko plunged into their art with urgency and a newfound lust for life, eventually emerging with a euphoric sound that defines their new releases on Breakup Records. Channeling a signature brand of dark indie pop ala early Killers, Phoenix, and White Lies has propelled the band forward to recent
showcases at SXSW, CMJ and beyond.
“With catchy rock hooks and an indie pop vibe, Dangermaker creates a unique sound that infects your soul.” Tony DuShane, San Francisco Chronicle
“Driving percussion and moody, anxious guitar hooks (Interpol at their most danceable?) lay a bed for singer Adam Burnett’s plaintive wail, which — while Bowie comparisons are hard to live up to (and he gets them often enough) — has a way of sticking around your eardrums… like an adventure dream full of danger you can’t quite put your finger on, something hanging on the precipice of nightmare, but too interesting to make you want to wake up.” Emma Silvers, San Francisco Bay Guardian
“A sensational ride between dark and light… anthemic and dramatic tracks that find the rock outfit taking on a much more mature sound. There’s much more to expect from Dangermaker with their upcoming Light The Dark EP I release.” Victor Casillas Valle, The Bay Bridged
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2018 is May 25-27.
Add to Calendar 2018-05-25 12:00:00 2018-05-27 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559