City of the Sunhttp://wearecityofthesun.com
New York’s City of the Sun is a worldly, genre-bending instrumental trio whose sound combines their love of indie rock, flamenco, and post-rock. Formed in 2011 by guitarist John Pita, COS also features guitarist Avi Snow and percussionist Zach Para. Having honed their sound performing on the streets of New York City, the group first gained wider attention after playing a 2013 TED conference.
Since then, City of the Sun has headlined and sold out NYC venues like the Gramercy Theater and Brooklyn Bowl; they played SXSW, Firefly, CMJ and CBGB music festivals, among others. The band supported Charles Bradley and Gregg Allman, and have long-standing collaborations with Sofar Sounds and Godin Guitars. “The C Word” documentary, directed by Meghan O’Hara and narrated by Morgan Freeman, featured a score worked on by John, Avi, and Zach.
City of the Sun signed with Chesky Records in 2016 and released their LP ‘To the Sun and All the Cities in Between,’ which debuted at #12 on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart. Lead Track “Everything” hit #2 on Spotify’s US Viral 50 chart and #5 on Global Viral with over one million plays in two months.
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT – thank you!
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit our official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
BottleRock 2018 is May 25-27.
Add to Calendar 2018-05-25 12:00:00 2018-05-27 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559