Three-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White began snowboarding at age six, and immediately showed an uncanny talent for the sport. By seven — the same age he was discovered by Tony Hawk at a San Diego skate park — Shaun had won a series of competitions and landed a sponsorship with Burton.
Shaun turned pro at 13 and by the time he’d won his first Olympic gold medal at 19, he was a household name, matching his intensity on the board with an effortlessly magnetic and outrageous presence that helped him land the cover of Rolling Stone twice.
With continued triumphs in snowboarding and skateboarding — gold medals at 2006 and 2010 Olympics, 10 ESPY awards, record-breaking 15 X Games golds — Shaun steadily built up his businesses. After joining forces with Burton he began creating eyewear for Oakley and — at 14 — partnered with Target and ultimately expanded that relationship into clothing, footwear, accessories, and home goods lines.
Shaun donated a portion of his earnings to St. Jude Children’s Hospital and Boys & Girls Club. Born with a heart defect that demanded he undergo two major surgeries before his first birthday, Shaun is closely involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and has granted 17 wishes since 2008.
In 2014 Shaun became the majority shareholder in the snowboarding/music festival Air + Style, and helped it grow with stops in Beijing, L.A, and Sydney.
Now training for the 2018 Olympics in Korea, Shaun says, “I’m more excited about snowboarding than I’ve been in a long time — like that thrill and that fight is building up again. I feel like I’m just getting started — like I’m just now getting a true grasp of what I’m capable of.”
- (re)LIVE BottleRock Weekly Series airs every Friday at 5pm pt. Watch on YouTube Live here.
- BottleRock 2020 is Oct. 2-4, 2020
- All passes will be valid for the new dates. If you are looking to purchase or exchange tickets, please visit our official ticket exchange.
- Listen to the BottleRock 2020 playlist.
- BottleRock 2019 was a blast! See all the highlights
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP