Three-time Olympic gold medalist Shaun White began snowboarding at age six, and immediately showed an uncanny talent for the sport. By seven — the same age he was discovered by Tony Hawk at a San Diego skate park — Shaun had won a series of competitions and landed a sponsorship with Burton.
Shaun turned pro at 13 and by the time he’d won his first Olympic gold medal at 19, he was a household name, matching his intensity on the board with an effortlessly magnetic and outrageous presence that helped him land the cover of Rolling Stone twice.
With continued triumphs in snowboarding and skateboarding — gold medals at 2006 and 2010 Olympics, 10 ESPY awards, record-breaking 15 X Games golds — Shaun steadily built up his businesses. After joining forces with Burton he began creating eyewear for Oakley and — at 14 — partnered with Target and ultimately expanded that relationship into clothing, footwear, accessories, and home goods lines.
Shaun donated a portion of his earnings to St. Jude Children’s Hospital and Boys & Girls Club. Born with a heart defect that demanded he undergo two major surgeries before his first birthday, Shaun is closely involved with the Make-A-Wish Foundation and has granted 17 wishes since 2008.
In 2014 Shaun became the majority shareholder in the snowboarding/music festival Air + Style, and helped it grow with stops in Beijing, L.A, and Sydney.
Now training for the 2018 Olympics in Korea, Shaun says, “I’m more excited about snowboarding than I’ve been in a long time — like that thrill and that fight is building up again. I feel like I’m just getting started — like I’m just now getting a true grasp of what I’m capable of.”
- 1-day tickets on sale now! Buy Here
- Looking for sold out 3-day tickets? Sold out tickets are available now on our official ticket exchange.
- BottleRock 2019 is Memorial Day weekend: May 24th-26th
- BottleRock 2019 lineup announced – check it out!
- Download the 2019 BottleRock app.
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2019 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
BottleRock 2019 is May 24-26.
Add to Calendar 2019-05-24 12:00:00 2019-05-26 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559