Aarón Sánchez is an award-winning chef, TV personality, cookbook author and philanthropist. He is the chef/owner of Mexican restaurant Johnny Sánchez in New Orleans, and a judge on FOX’s hit culinary competition series MASTERCHEF. He co-starred on Food Network’s Chopped and Chopped Junior, and is the author of two cookbooks. An active philanthropist, Sánchez launched the Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund, an initiative empowering aspiring chefs from the Latin community to follow their dreams and attend culinary school. One of the world’s most distinguished Latin chefs, Aarón is also passionate about preserving his family’s legacy through food and encouraging diversity in the kitchen.
Celebrated by both critics and contemporaries, Aarón has won a James Beard award for Television Studio Program (2014) and was the host of the Emmy-nominated Cooking Channel series, Taco Trip. He has starred in multiple Food Network shows including Guilty Pleasures, Best.Ever, Heat Seekers, Chefs vs. City, Best Thing I Ever Ate, and Next Iron Chef. Additionally, Aarón is the host of two Spanish-language shows on Fox Life, 3 Minutos con Aarón, and MOTOCHEFS.
A third-generation cookbook author, Aarón has written two books. His first, “La Comida del Barrio” was published in May 2003 and his second, “Simple Food, Big Flavor: Unforgettable Mexican-Inspired Recipes from My Kitchen to Yours” was released in October 2011.
Aarón works with many charitable organizations. In Fall 2016, he launched the Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund (ASSF), which provides full scholarships to aspiring chefs from the Latin community to attend the International Culinary Center in NY, offers internship opportunities and chef mentorships. Aarón is also a Chef Ambassador for WhyHunger and Food Bank NYC, as well as a Chef Mentor for Chef’s Move.
Aarón’s creativity extends beyond the kitchen. He is a partner at Daredevil Tattoo in NYC, a world-famous tattoo shop and museum. He is an avid music lover and enjoys cooking to the sounds of Alabama Shakes, Amos Lee, Lenny Kravitz and The Cure. He has a son, Yuma, and lives in New Orleans, LA.
- Limited tickets remaining! Buy Here
- BottleRock 2019 is Memorial Day weekend: May 24th-26th
- BottleRock Aftershows have just been announced. Tickets on sale now! Buy Here
- BottleRock 2019 set times have been announced – build your schedule here!
- Looking for sold out tickets? Sold out tickets are available now on our official ticket exchange.
- Download the 2019 BottleRock app.
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2019 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
BottleRock 2019 is May 24-26.
Add to Calendar 2019-05-24 12:00:00 2019-05-26 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559