Three months into the COVID-19 pandemic, Tai Verdes was an essential worker with a 9-to-5 job at an LA Verizon Wireless store. Now he has one of the biggest viral hits in the US, hailed by The New York Times as one of the “Best Songs of 2020.”
After posting a series of TikTok videos, Tai’s breakout single “Stuck In The Middle” took flight hitting #1 on Spotify’s US viral chart (and 22 International Charts) and has since amassed more than 80 million streams and over 2.6 million TikTok creations, which have been viewed over 3 billion times since the songs release in late May 2020.
Tai’s newest single “A-O-K” is on track to follow the same path, having notched more than 40 million views of the teaser and nearly 100,000 pre-saves before the feel good anthem’s release earlier this month. The 25-year-old may have won the TikTok lottery, but he’s playing the long game. And he’s playing for keeps.
“I’m gonna be a problem,” says the 6’7 singer with a smile, who carries himself with as much charisma as stature. “I love everything that’s happening. But this is not a one song thing, this is a 10-album thing.” Tai’s debut album TV is available everywhere May 20.
- BottleRock 2022 will take place May 27-29.
- Daily Lineup is here - check it out. 1-day tickets on sale now. BUY TICKETS
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit the official ticket exchange to place a reservation here.
- Listen to the BottleRock 2022 playlist here.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know by joining our newsletter! SIGN UP