Hailing from just outside Sydney, Australia, Evie Irie is quietly emerging as something of an alternative soul-pop wunderkind at just 16-years-old. Grabbing a guitar, she penned fully realized pop anthems rooted in the experiences of her sisters and their friends. With her family supporting, she moved to Nashville and attracted the attention of top songwriters and tastemakers at open mics and performances. During this time, she ingrained herself in the industry and began to craft a sound of her own. Heading west, she wrote and recorded her debut EP, 5 Weeks In LA, over the course of a five-week trip to Los Angeles. The project landed her a deal with Republic Records and paved the way for her introduction. Now, the leads track “Bitter” hints at the scope of her undeniable sound. Off-kilter production punctuated by handclaps, glitchy electronics, and strains of guitar gives way to a hypnotic hook as she encourages, “Try not to get bitter.”Of the track, she comments, “I’m singing to myself, because in the song I’m the reason why I’m being bitter, because I’m judging myself and I’m thinking everyone is judging me—when really I’m my own enemy. The song is me escaping that mindset.” She shares more wisdom throughout 5 Weeks in LA as her journey towards stardom begins in 2019.
- Tickets are sold out- thank you! Looking for a sold out ticket? Visit the official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2020 lineup announced Watch the Announce Video!
- BottleRock 2020 is Memorial Day weekend: May 22nd – 24th
- Listen to the BottleRock 2020 playlist.
- BottleRock 2019 was a blast! See all the highlights
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
BottleRock 2020 is May 22-24.
Add to Calendar 2020-05-22 12:00:00 2020-05-24 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559