The Chelsea Effect is a band project founded by Canadian born singer/songwriter, Mandi Perkins, and Italian songwriter/producer, Francesco Rigon.
The band takes its name from the legendary Hotel Chelsea in New York City, which has hosted artistic visionaries for over a century. Everyone from Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin to Allen Ginsberg and Dylan Thomas, not only stayed at the Hotel Chelsea, but also created artistic movements that have inspired generations. Arthur Miller wrote a piece entitled “The Chelsea Affect” that described life in the Hotel during the 1960’s and the effect it had on pop culture. This project embodies that spirit. Music, fashion, art … a movement.
Chelsea Effect’s debut album, ‘Different Faces of the Sun,” was released at the end of 2019 and is collection of songs about love, loss, and hope; it’s about how people sometimes must fall apart to grow into something even stronger.
The album included lead singles “Minefield,” “Head to Heart,” and “Good Enough,” which were featured on several major Spotify playlists, including: Fresh Finds, Poptronix, and New Music Fridays. The music was also covered in outlets such as: Consequence of Sound, Clash, Disco Naïveté and PressPlay.
Subsequently, Mandi Perkins inked a deal with Sony/ATV Publishing and the group began work on their second album.
The band’s new record, due for release in Spring 2022, is a collection of songs about finding light in the darkest of places and in Mandi’s words, “will be reminiscent of a late summer sunset: bittersweet and beautiful.”
- BottleRock 2023 presented by JaM Cellars will take place May 26-28.
- Daily lineup is here - check it out! 1-day tickets are on sale now. Buy Here
- BottleRock AfterDark: The Official Aftershows have just been announced. Tickets are on sale now! Buy Here
- To purchase sold out tickets or sell your tickets, visit Lyte, the official ticket exchange.
Lyte verifies all tickets and ensures a safe transaction.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter here + for text message updates here.