Los Angeles indie electro unit Capital Cities first came together as a duo of composers/songwriters Ryan Merchant and Sebu Simonian. The two initially met on craigslist in 2008 and worked as jingle writers until they formed the band in 2010.
They released an EP independently in 2011 that included the song “Safe and Sound,” an upbeat mesh of programming and melody that went viral and gained the act a lot of Internet exposure. Eventually, Merchant and Simonian were joined by bassist Manny Quintero, trumpeter Spencer Ludwig, guitarist Nick Merwin, and drummer Channing Holmes. The fully realized live version of Capital Cities played festivals internationally. Their debut full-length In a Tidal Wave of Mystery appeared on Capitol Records / Lazy Hooks in June 2013.
- BottleRock 2023 presented by JaM Cellars will take place May 26-28.
- Daily lineup is here - check it out! 1-day tickets are on sale now. Buy Here
- BottleRock AfterDark: The Official Aftershows have just been announced. Tickets are on sale now! Buy Here
- To purchase sold out tickets or sell your tickets, visit Lyte, the official ticket exchange.
Lyte verifies all tickets and ensures a safe transaction.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know by signing up for our newsletter here + for text message updates here.