The upwards trajectory of artist/producer ayokay’s breakout viral summer anthem “Kings Of Summer” has been anything but by-the-book, blazing a nearly year-long path to buzz-track royalty. With over 30 million streams on Spotify, it’s topped Spotify’s Viral Chart its topped the platform’s Global Viral 50 Chart as well as the Viral Charts in United States and Canada. The infectious summer track, featuring childhood friend and frequent collaborator Quinn XCII, continues its journey as it breaks through at Top 40 radio stations around the country.
ayokay’s name began to rise to prominence after he produced Quinn XCII’s first two highly praised EPs which garnered millions of streams and extensive media coverage introducing the two Detroit natives to the world. Upon releasing his debut single “Kings of Summer,” attention quickly swelled around ayokay’s own artist project. His forward thinking take on electronic music — the ability to seamlessly merge delicate, melodic structures, acoustic textures, and heavy hitting drums and bass — paints a sonic picture that allows the listener to immerse in a musical journey.
The path from viral sensation to a mainstream breakthrough artist has left ayokay even more optimistic about music’s ability to break down barriers. His debut EP “4ft to Infinity” will be released October 7, featuring a range of guest vocalists including Quinn XCII and emerging British singer Mafalda.
- (re)LIVE BottleRock Weekly Series airs every Friday at 5pm pt. Watch on YouTube Live here.
- BottleRock 2020 is Oct. 2-4, 2020
- All passes will be valid for the new dates. If you are looking to purchase or exchange tickets, please visit our official ticket exchange.
- Listen to the BottleRock 2020 playlist.
- BottleRock 2019 was a blast! See all the highlights
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP