THE EARLY DAYS
Scottish by birth, UK chef Gordon Ramsay was brought up in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, and initially aspired to be a professional footballer. However, when an injury prematurely put an end to any hopes of a promising career on the pitch, Ramsay went back to college to complete a course in hotel management. His dedication and natural talent led him to train with some of the world’s leading chefs, including Albert Roux and Marco Pierre White in London, and Guy Savoy and Joël Robuchon in France.
In 1993, Ramsay became head chef of Aubergine in London, and within three years Aubergine was awarded two Michelin stars.
At the age of 31, Ramsay branched out on his own to set up his first wholly-owned and namesake restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay opened in 1998, and quickly received the most prestigious accolade in the culinary world – three Michelin stars. Today, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay is London’s longest-running restaurant to hold this award, and Ramsay is one of only four chefs in the UK to maintain three stars.
Now internationally renowned and holding a number of Michelin stars, Ramsay has opened a string of successful restaurants across the globe, from Italy to the United States. These include two ventures in Doha, Qatar, which opened in 2012; a restaurant in Bordeaux; three restaurants in Las Vegas (Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris, Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill at Caesars Palace and Gordon Ramsay BurGR at Planet Hollywood); Gordon Ramsay Pub and Grill in Atlantic City; Bread Street Kitchen and London House in Hong Kong; and Bread Street Kitchen in Singapore.
In the UK, the Gordon Ramsay Group has opened new locations across London, including Union Street Café, London House, Heddon Street Kitchen and two further maze Grills, one of which is located on the former Aubergine site on Park Walk, Chelsea.
GORDON RAMSAY ON TV
Ramsay has also become a star of the small screen both in the US and internationally as a TV chef, with four top-rated FOX shows that air in more than 200 territories worldwide. These critically-acclaimed shows include HELL’S KITCHEN, MASTERCHEF, MASTERCHEF JR., and HOTEL HELL, as well as UK shows: GORDON BEHIND BARS, ULTIMATE COOKERY COURSE, GORDON’S GREAT ESCAPES and GORDON RAMSAY: SHARK BAIT.
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2018 is May 25-27.
Add to Calendar 2018-05-25 12:00:00 2018-05-27 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559