Formed in 1987, in Philadelphia, PA, the legendary Roots Crew, consists of Black Thought (MC), Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson (drums), Kamal Gray (electronic keyboards), F. Knuckles (percussion), Captain Kirk Douglas (electronic guitar), Damon Bryson (sousaphone) and James Poyser (electronic keyboard). Having previously released twelve projects, The Roots have become one of the best known and most respected hip-hop acts in the business, winning four Grammys, including “Best R&B Album” for Wake Up!, “Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance” for “Hang in There” (with John Legend) and “Best Group or Duo R&B Vocal Performance” for “Shine.” The ensemble was most recently nominated for “Best Rap Album” for the 2011 release of undun. This brings the band’s GRAMMY nomination count to twelve. Additionally, The Roots have also become the faces of Philly’s “Fourth of July Jam,” an annual concert held during the Fourth of July with the biggest names in music, and “The Roots Picnic,” a yearly star-studded mix of musicians, that has become a celebrated institution during awards season. Recently The Roots were named one of the greatest live bands around by Rolling Stone, became the official house band on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon where they currently perform every Monday- Friday. The Roots celebrated the release of their 11th studio album …and then you shoot your cousin in May 2014.
How To BottleRock
Tools and tips for festival success
- Willams-Sonoma Culinary Stage Lineup has been announced! Check out the full lineup.
- Aftershows have been announced! See the full lineup.
- All tickets are sold out!
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit our official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2017 headliners include Foo Fighters Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Maroon 5
- Download the official BottleRock app! Get real-time festival updates, information and more.
Download IOS. Download Android.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘BottleRock 2017’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN