Secure The Sunhttps://www.facebook.com/SecureTheSun
When Secure the Sun played their first gig in a punk rock dive bar in Oakland during the fall of 2015, the sound engineer leaned back into the orange-cushioned booth and told them it would be their last at his club. “You’re f-ing amazing,” he enthused, shaking his ponytailed head. “You’re going to be playing big halls and festivals within a year.”
His words proved prophetic.
Following the release of their first self-titled album, STS played sold out shows at Silo’s and Slack Collective in Napa and to packed houses for performances at the venerable Phoenix Theater in Petaluma. The band continues to build its following in the San Francisco Bay Area, having played venues such as the DNA Lounge, the Boom Boom Room, and performances at U.C. Davis and Stanford University. Their single, Day by Day, is in rotation on regional and college radio stations. Their second studio project is scheduled for release in January, 2017.
Though these Gen Z rockers hail from Napa, CA, Secure the Sun’s sound is straight out of the New Wave and Punk scene of New York City in the late 70s/early 80s and the Funk Rock scene of Los Angeles in the 1990s. The Bowie-esque vocal stylings and intensity of lead singer Ari Eisenberg will draw you in close enough to be leveled by the left hook of the rhythm section. Firmly rooted in jazz, Jonathan Soria-Gil deftly works his drum kit leaving the perfect amount of space for Anthony Cappeto to expertly weave his melodic bass lines into the fabric of their songs. Liam Milligan cements STS’ signature sound with his open, driving guitar that is reminiscent of John Frusciante and The Edge.
If you want to see the heart and soul of the next wave in alt-rock, then don’t miss Secure the Sun at their BottleRock debut.
How To BottleRock
Tools and tips for festival success
- Willams-Sonoma Culinary Stage Lineup has been announced! Check out the full lineup.
- Aftershows have been announced! See the full lineup.
- All tickets are sold out!
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit our official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2017 headliners include Foo Fighters Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Maroon 5
- Download the official BottleRock app! Get real-time festival updates, information and more.
Download IOS. Download Android.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘BottleRock 2017’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN