Secure The Sunhttps://www.facebook.com/SecureTheSun
When Secure the Sun played their first gig in a punk rock dive bar in Oakland during the fall of 2015, the sound engineer leaned back into the orange-cushioned booth and told them it would be their last at his club. “You’re f-ing amazing,” he enthused, shaking his ponytailed head. “You’re going to be playing big halls and festivals within a year.”
His words proved prophetic.
Following the release of their first self-titled album, STS played sold out shows at Silo’s and Slack Collective in Napa and to packed houses for performances at the venerable Phoenix Theater in Petaluma. The band continues to build its following in the San Francisco Bay Area, having played venues such as the DNA Lounge, the Boom Boom Room, and performances at U.C. Davis and Stanford University. Their single, Day by Day, is in rotation on regional and college radio stations. Their second studio project is scheduled for release in January, 2017.
Though these Gen Z rockers hail from Napa, CA, Secure the Sun’s sound is straight out of the New Wave and Punk scene of New York City in the late 70s/early 80s and the Funk Rock scene of Los Angeles in the 1990s. The Bowie-esque vocal stylings and intensity of lead singer Ari Eisenberg will draw you in close enough to be leveled by the left hook of the rhythm section. Firmly rooted in jazz, Jonathan Soria-Gil deftly works his drum kit leaving the perfect amount of space for Anthony Cappeto to expertly weave his melodic bass lines into the fabric of their songs. Liam Milligan cements STS’ signature sound with his open, driving guitar that is reminiscent of John Frusciante and The Edge.
If you want to see the heart and soul of the next wave in alt-rock, then don’t miss Secure the Sun at their BottleRock debut.
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2018 is May 25-27.
Add to Calendar 2018-05-25 12:00:00 2018-05-27 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559