Jessica Hernandez & The Deltashttp://jessicahernandez.net
Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas return with their sophomore album “Telephone // Telefono,” their first full-length bilingual recording to be released in both English and Spanish language versions.
A second generation Cuban and Mexican-American, Jessica felt it her duty to further explore her own Hispanic heritage on the band’s sophomore recording. She knew songs written and recorded in English required more than simply translation – a full rethink was needed to truly give them equivalent poetry and power in her second language. She pushed herself to use Spanish in ways she had never previously attempted, rewriting the songs with the invaluable aid of her mates in Mexico City to better suit the new lyrics and vocal style. Jessica even spent two full weeks speaking exclusively in Spanish, singing for hours in a friend’s studio to create a kind of muscle memory.
Intensely personal and undeniably provocative, “Telephone // Telefono” is a milestone achievement for the band who are upping the ante on their one-of-a-kind soundclash of Goth pop, Latin rock, psychedelic surf, punk cabaret, dirty dancehall, and bold balladry, a voracious approach made uniquely their own through Jessica’s astonishing vocal power and The Deltas’ own boundless versatility. The new songs see The Deltas’ brand of Motor City magic taken to the max while their Spanish counterparts unveil fresh meanings and emotive power. The result is a genuinely unprecedented work of remarkable duality and impossible-to-ignore relevance.
In 2014, Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas released their debut “Secret Evil” and spent two years on the road; countless headline gigs, supports with such like-minded acts as Gogol Bordello, Social Distortion and St. Paul & The Broken Bones, and well-received sets at festivals like Lollapalooza, ACL Music Festival, Osheaga, and Bonnaroo. Jessica was intensely productive throughout the non-stop tour, somehow finding time to get married while also writing and readying the band’s next album. The Deltas reconvened in their native Michigan for sessions in early 2016, capturing all the fire, excitement, and band unity gained by their almost nightly performances.
Long hailed as an explosive and theatrical live outfit, Jessica Hernandez & The Deltas will celebrate “Telephone // Telefono” with a non-stop North American tour schedule, highlighted by headline dates, radio shows, festival appearances, and more.
- BottleRock is SOLD OUT! To buy sold out passes, visit our official ticket exchange.
- Watch BottleRock Livestream all weekend long on Twitter. Check it out!
- 2018 Aftershows tickets are on sale now! Buy Here.
- Download the BottleRock app. iPhone and Android.
- The Culinary Stage Lineup is here. Check it out!
- Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘2018 BottleRock’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN
- BottleRock 2018 features Bruno Mars, The Killers, Muse and many more. Watch the video.
- For the 2018 festival, doors open at 11:30am. Last act ends at 10:00pm.
- The Festival Box Office & Will Call are located at 3rd Street and Bailey Street in Napa. To pick up passes at Will Call, you must show a valid, government issued photo ID. Will call hours:
Thursday May 24th: 11am – 7pm
Friday May 25th: 9am – 9pm
Saturday May 26th: 9am – 9pm
Sunday May 27th: 9am – 9pm
BottleRock 2018 is May 25-27.
Add to Calendar 2018-05-25 12:00:00 2018-05-27 18:00:00 America/Los_Angeles BottleRock Napa Valley Music, Food, Wine and Brew 575 3rd St, Napa, CA 94559