Baskery is sisters Greta, Stella and Sunniva Bondesson of Stockholm, Sweden.
Growing up in a musical family, there were always instruments lying around the house and the sisters wrote their first song together in their early teens, “Fuck Umbrellas and Wellingtons”, a song basically about letting your freak flag fly.
That was many years and a bunch of albums ago, but the message remains.
Baskery was formed in 2007, shortly after their former band, Slaptones, split up due to their dad (drums, vocals and harmonica) handing in his notice. Instead of adding a new member, the sisters decided to continue as a trio, start fresh with a new sound and new songs. The name Baskery is a tribute to their northern roots, the Finnish nickname of a village in the far north of Sweden.
The band successfully tours the world and has quickly become known for their energetic live shows. Wherever they go the audience gets blown away by their unique sound and intense stage presence. Their use of traditional instruments in an unconventional way helps create their very own genres: banjo punk, ADM (acoustic dance music) and killbilly. They don’t like being pigeonholed, if things start to feel predictable they’re likely to move on to something more exciting. Nobody puts Baskery in a corner, themselves included.
How To BottleRock
Tools and tips for festival success
- Willams-Sonoma Culinary Stage Lineup has been announced! Check out the full lineup.
- Aftershows have been announced! See the full lineup.
- All tickets are sold out!
- Looking for sold out passes? Visit our official ticket exchange to place a reservation.
- BottleRock 2017 headliners include Foo Fighters Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers and Maroon 5
- Download the official BottleRock app! Get real-time festival updates, information and more.
Download IOS. Download Android.
- Stay up on the latest news and highlights, and always be the first to know. SIGN UP
- Check out our ‘BottleRock 2017’ playlist on Spotify. LISTEN